Thursday, May 3, 2007
Top Ten Tuesday - On Thursday!
Thank you so much for your prayers! I'm doing well. I have to exercise, rest, rest, rest, and go for another stress test in June. I have heart damage from Chemo, but that is another story for another blog day.
How 2 Raise 'Preacher's Kids'
1. When doing things with youth or other church groups, make sure you ignore your children and discipline them in public.
2. Preach on ‘loving your wife as Christ loved the church,’ then belittle your wife in front of the children.
3. Attend Bible studies, reach-outs, preacher’s luncheons, visitations, hospital visits....reach out to everyone. Your children will always be there……there’s time.
4. Make sure you set standards for your child that you yourself have no intention of following.
5. Preach on “Do unto others,” but don’t practice it with your children.
6. Your children must not make the same mistakes as other children do; hold them to a higher standard – people standards.
7. Make sure what the Church sees and what your children see you live, are two different things.
8. Continue to say, “How could you……you’re the preachers son/daughter.”
9. Your children must live up to the congregation's standards and make choices only the church approves of.
10. Choke on gnats while swallowing camels.
Next Tuesday - 10 Ways to Raise a Godly Child.