Thursday, May 3, 2007

Top Ten Tuesday - On Thursday!


Health Update:
Thank you so much for your prayers! I'm doing well. I have to exercise, rest, rest, rest, and go for another stress test in June. I have heart damage from Chemo, but that is another story for another blog day.

How 2 Raise 'Preacher's Kids'

1. When doing things with youth or other church groups, make sure you ignore your children and discipline them in public.

2. Preach on ‘loving your wife as Christ loved the church,’ then belittle your wife in front of the children.

3. Attend Bible studies, reach-outs, preacher’s luncheons, visitations, hospital visits....reach out to everyone. Your children will always be there……there’s time.

4. Make sure you set standards for your child that you yourself have no intention of following.

5. Preach on “Do unto others,” but don’t practice it with your children.

6. Your children must not make the same mistakes as other children do; hold them to a higher standard – people standards.

7. Make sure what the Church sees and what your children see you live, are two different things.

8. Continue to say, “How could you……you’re the preachers son/daughter.”

9. Your children must live up to the congregation's standards and make choices only the church approves of.

10. Choke on gnats while swallowing camels.

Next Tuesday - 10 Ways to Raise a Godly Child.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back Monalea!

Neva said...

I am so grateful God answered my prayers. I missed you much.
I am still praying.

Peace
neva

Mommysmart said...

So glad to see you back in the blog world.

Loved the list!

Take care of you.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back home! Take care and know that many prayers are with you!

Monalea said...

God does answer prayers. Thank you for all of yours. He continues doing so many amazing things.

Missed the blogging world. You would think a high tech heart hospital would have wireless internet. This is the 21st Century. Ha ha!

Anonymous said...

We missed you!!

As to your list ... so glad my parents didn't follow any of that advice. (o;

TREY MORGAN said...

WWW,

I didn't get the "Preacher's Kids" part till about #3. I was a little slow. I read #1 and #2 thinking, "Those aren't good things, why would I want to do that?"

Good list.

Love ya,

Trey

JD said...

I am happy to see that you are able to be out of the hospital. God bless you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you are back and are feeling better...Now do what your drs. tell you to do...Loved what you said about the kids on this list...

Monalea said...

Lisa, my dad wasn't in the pulpit, but I'm glad he didn't follow these as well.

Trey, You make me smile! www

jd, thank you so much for the prayers.

Anonymous, I know why you didn't sign your name.....you were afraid to boss me and face the precusions.

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to yell at you but i am going to tell you that you need to take care of yourself...we need you around here...i love you dearly...you make me laugh when i am down and these stories is what does that...love ya, joandra

leslie said...

i come by way of trey's blog.

brilliant top ten.. (i like 1 and 3).. look forward to next week's.

Monalea said...

Joandra, I promise I am going to listen to my body. Thanks for all the love!

Monalea said...

Leslie thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you found me. I'm sure you know by now that I am Trey's sister, but don't hold it against me.

The Preacher's Household: said...

Monalea,
That list struck close to home.

I am very glad you are better.
Kathy