Tuesday, May 8, 2007

How to Raise Godly Children



1. Let your children see you reading your Bible.

2. Let them see you living what you preach.

3. See ‘them’ through God’s eyes.

4. Pray for them daily; not just in times of crises. Pray for your future grandchildren.

5. See the world through their eyes.

6. You and they see your mistakes; admit your mistakes, ask for forgiveness. This is not a sign of weakness.

7. When they do wrong, hold them to God’s standards. Love them, hate their sin.

8. Let them see you showing your spouse love, gentleness and respect.

9. Give them the same respect you give others.

10. Love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength.

7 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

Excellent top 10 list. I especially like number 8. That's where they learn how to treat their husband/wife.

Love ya

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that I have to be nice to them...LOL...Love ya, Me(rollercoaster friend)

Monalea said...

Dear RC Friend,
You must be nice to the children except Tuesdays and Bank Holidays. Ha ha! Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Great Top Ten, Monalea!

The Preacher's Household: said...

How about on the days that end in 'y'?
I think I may print this list and put it somewhere I can pray and be reminded about it.
Thanks,
Kathy

Monalea said...

nb, Thanks!

Kathy, I wish I had had and used the list when my children were small also. Hindsights 20/20.

Monalea

Anonymous said...

I thought number 7 was "an eye for an eye"...