Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Top 10 Tuesday

My Personal Top 10 Favorite Scriptures
that help me get through tough times.

1. Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.”


2. Proverbs 103:12

“As far as the East is from the West, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.”


3. Philippians 4:4-6

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”


4. Hebrews 13:5-6

“Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"


5. Isaiah 41:10

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”


6. Habakkuk 3:17-19

“Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights.”


7. Philippians 4:8

“Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.”


8. Philippians 3:13-14

“Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”


9. John 16:33

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."


10. I Peter 5:7

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.”

Do you have a scripture that helps you through tough times?

12 comments:

Matt said...

John 10:27-30...
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one."

Neva said...

Psalm 37:4
Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Psalm 27:13
I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

Peace
Neva

TREY MORGAN said...

John 11:35

"Jesus wept"

Neva said...

I think Trey likes that one because thats the one he has memorized! :)
Just kidding, my boys used to say that was their favorite and I knew it was only because they have it memorized.
Peace
n

Anonymous said...

prov. 18:22 he who finds a wife finds a good thing.
And obtains favor from the lord.

Mr Neva

Neva said...

Aint he cute?

Love you, Mr. Neva

Monalea,
thanks for letting us "date" on your blog.
Love ya
n

Monalea said...

I love everyone's choices.

Mr. & Mrs. Neva....Do you think I should charge for the dating service?



Trey.....You're so weird!

TREY MORGAN said...

Mr & Mrs Neva ... The Honeymooners

The Preacher's Household: said...

I share several of your favorites!

I think the Coopers should get a room.
t Giggler

Anonymous said...

Love this idea!

Mine is Matthew 7:25.

Paula

Monalea said...

Paula,

I like that one also. I'm glad you shared.

Monalea

Anonymous said...

Hoopy!